EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Ministry of Irrigation, Water Resources and Disaster Management Consultancy Services
Project Management, Design and Supervision Consultant for
Left Bank Development Project in Kaluganga (Kinniya – Kanthale Area)
The Cabinet Appointed Consultancy Procurement Committee on behalf of the Ministry of Irrigation, Water Resources and Disaster Management invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Consultancy Services, Project Management, Design and Supervision Consultant (PMDSC) for Left Bank Development Project in Kaluganga (Kinniya – Kanthale Area), Trincomalee District, Sri Lanka. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedure will be followed to select the Consultant.
The proposed main project components comprised with:
- Construction of Kaluganga Reservoir having capacity of 15.85 MCM;
- Augmentation of Janaranjana wewa to increase the capacity from present 9.4 MCM to 13.7 MCM and improvements to head works structures;
- Augmentation of minor tanks “Cascade No.1” consisting of minor tanks Sinha wewa, Sooriya wewa, Kanthi wewa and Namal wewa and development of associated irrigation infrastructure;
- Augmentation of minor tank “Cascade No.2” consisting of minor tanks Kurungupanchankulam, Vellankulam, Sunkanthikulikulam and Pattiyanthukulam and development of irrigation infrastructure under these minor tanks;
- Construction of feeder canals, 30 km, connecting minor tanks in the cascade;
- Irrigation infrastructure development of 3000 acres of lands in the Thinnaraweli rain fed area;
Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (company registration, company profile, brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
In addition to above, the Consultants should provide a summary of the methodology, in approximately two pages indicating how they approach this assignment.
As per the requirement of the donor, Saudi Funds for Development, to enhance the exchange trade between Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia and transfer the knowledge, 10% of the points obtained under the evaluation of Technical Proposal, will be given for the bidders who submit bids as a Joint Venture of Sri Lanka and Saudi Arabia.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the, Guidelines for the use of Consultants of Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) (Website : www.sfd.gov.sa/) and Guidelines for Employment of Consultants of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
When submitting the EOI, please mark, “Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services. Project Management, Design and Supervision Consultant for Left Bank Development Project in Kaluganga (Kinniya – Kanthale Area)”, on the left-hand corner of the envelope containing the EOI.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below, from 9.00 AM to 3.00 PM on working days.
The Expression of Interests must be received at the address below no later than 2018/11/19 at 3:00 PM, Sri Lankan time.
Eng. D.D. Ariyaratne, Additional Secretary (Irrigation Development),
Ministry of Irrigation, Water Resources Management and Disaster Management,
No. 11, Jawaththa Road, Colombo 5.
Office Tel. : 011-2081129 Office Fax : 011-2081129 Mob. : 077-3776542
E-mail : email@example.com
Cabinet Appointed Consultancy Procurement Committee,
Ministry of Irrigation, Water Resources Management and Disaster Management.