Terms Of Reference For Hiring Training Specialist for
“Productivity Enhancement & Irrigation System Efficiency Improvement Project”
The project aims to improve farmers’ income in a sustainable way through enhancing productivity and improving irrigation system efficiency. Achieving project objectives will be an outcome of coordinated effort of different sectors namely agriculture, irrigation, institutional development, credit, marketing, extension service etc. In line with that, the project has identified capacity building of relevant officers of different sectors as a vital issue for successful project implementation and achieves project objectives as defined. Totally capacity building covers several dimensions and out of that training is a key and most essential part of capacity building.
The project is expected to cover several training programs and to keep smooth and timely implementation of those training programs successfully, the project has decided to train a set of trainers mainly for project training activities. The officers who show genuine interest to be with people and conduct training in addition to their normal duties will be selected for this purpose. The selected officers have to be trained properly as they are the main actors for transferring necessary knowledge and skills to field level farmers and officers. In this regard, service of a Training Specialist who possesses sound experience in the field of irrigated agriculture and participatory development is unavoidable.
In addition to training of selected officers as trainers, it is must to have on-the job training and follow-up sessions for trainers while training sessions are in progress in the field. Further, assistance of training specialist is essential to review existing training manuals and materials and thereby guide development of the same for PEISEIP.
||Scope of Work:
The duties of Training Specialist will include followings, but not limited to:
a. Training of trainers course;
- Together with nominated officers from the Ministry of Irrigation & Disaster management, make an assessment on actual training need analyzing existing situation of officers selected to follow Training of Trainers Course.
- Based on outcome of the above, design Training of Trainers Course.
- Prepare relevant training materials such as PP presentations, handouts, exercises etc.
- Conduct Training of Trainers Course efficiently and effectively
- Conduct pre-course, in-course and post-course evaluation
- Prepare course evaluation report
b. On the job training and follow-up session;
- Guide and facilitate trainers when they conduct project training sessions in the field.
- Based on the field level observations, prepare and conduct follow-up sessions for trainers (One or two sessions may be needed for one batch of trainers).
c. Preparation of training manuals;
- Together with relevant staff review existing training manuals in the sector and recommend manuals required for the project.
- Assist to make necessary improvement for the recommended manuals.
- Assist in preparation of relevant training materials for the selected training manuals.
||Expected outcomes and Deliverables;
- Course outline of Training of Trainers Course
- Completion of 02 nos Training of Trainers Courses each includes 20 to 24 participants.
- Completion of 02 nos of follow-up sessions
- Completion of several(no of sessions cannot be decided now.) on the job support training
- Course evaluation report
- High quality assistance has been provided to review and upgrade the existing training manuals suite to PEISEIP and supporting to print training manuals with suitable training aid.
- The hired Training Specialist will directly be under the close supervision of the PEISEIP Project Manager.
||Duration of the work;
- The number of working months is 06 and may be subject to change based on the development and progress of the project work maximum to another 3 months.
- Home based work for initial preparation with travel to Ministry of Irrigation and Disaster Management, Training Centers and field for on the job support.
||Qualification & experience required;
- Post-graduate degree in Agricultural Engineering, Irrigation Engineering or related field
- Courses followed on training planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Minimum 10 years of experience, of which at least 05 years involves in Training Planning, implementation, conducting Training of Trainers Courses, especially in the field of irrigated agriculture.
- In depth and proven knowledge and experience in the implementation of development initiatives in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Monthly remuneration for the professional inputs is Rs. 160,000.00 and other costs associated for the field works and official transaction will be reimbursed by the project. Transport for field work will be provided by the Project Management Unit with the approval of Programme Director but home transport will not be provided to travel from home to the PMU/ Ministry.
- PMU will appoint senior Engineering Assistance to support for all the activities given under the tasks including making arrangements for stakeholder consultations, Report preparation and official document preparation and supplying of stationeries and other periphanelia required for completion of the task and arrangement of transport.
- I do hereby agreed to accept the given task as explained from item “A” to “I” with the better understanding of the timely delivery of my service to the “Productivity Enhancement and Irrigation System Efficiency Improvement Project”.
Name and Signature of the consultant